31st Annual Nyack Chamber of Commerce Halloween Parade and Halloweek Festivities
Registration starts for the 31st Annual Nyack Chamber of Commerce Halloween Parade on October 27, 2018 at 3:00pm in Memorial Park. The parade steps off at 5:30pm. The rain date is October 28. All day music festival starts at 2pm. Thousands in cash and prizes for best costume and best float.
The parade proceeds down Piermont Avenue taking a right on Cedar Hill, a right onto Broadway, a left onto Main Street and a left onto Franklin, turning into the Main Street Municipal Parking Lot where costume, float and home decorating contest contestants await the results from our judges.
The Chamber’s 2nd Annual Trick or Treat Trail starts at 2:00pm. Families are invited to visit local stores to get some treats and show off their costumes Free trick–or-treat bags and maps are available at the Chamber’s visitor kiosk on Main Street.
NEW THIS YEAR, the inaugural House and Lawn Decorating Contest sponsored by Better Homes and Gardens/Rand Realty of Nyack runs from October 19 – 26. Winners announced on October 27 after the parade.
Halloweek Summary October 18 – October 31
Visit Nyack for a travelchannel.com nationally ranked Halloween celebration. We are so serious about getting our spook on in Nyack, it takes us a whole Halloweek!
Thursday October 18: Village Window Painting
This annual visual arts event in downtown Nyack, directed by Nyack High School’s art department, pairs young artists with local businesses ― and has delighted visitors and shoppers for decades.
Friday October 19-26: House and Lawn Decorating Contest
Halloweek competitions kick off with the Better Homes and Gardens/Rand Realty of Nyack house and lawn decorating contest, with a 6:00 pm start at Maura’s Kitchen, 81-83 South Broadway. With ballots in hand, the interested public will spread out across the village like a horde of hungry zombies looking for brains…and the best decorated homes.
In addition to Maura’s, polling places include Nyack Library (South Broadway), Rockland YMCA (South Broadway), and Casa del Sol (Main Street). Registration forms can be downloaded from this page, or picked up at the polling places. Voting closes Friday, October 26. Winners to be announced at the October 27 parade.
Wednesday October 24: Night of the Living Dead 50th Anniversary at Casa
Casa Del Sol restaurant at 104 Main Street hosts a Night of the Living Dead 50th anniversary celebration. Haunted Happy Hour begins at 6:00 pm with Halloween-themed cocktails on the menu. DJ Don of the Dead plays hits from 1968 and other groovy tunes. A special viewing of Night of the Living Dead will be shown on the big screen in the dining room at 8:00 pm.
Thursday October 25: 1931 Dracula Screening With Live Organ
ArtsRock, Arts Angels and Rivertown Film present the original 1931 Dracula film with live organ accompaniment by Ben Model; 7:00 pm at Nyack High School, 360 Christian Herald Road. Click here for tickets.
Friday October 26: Ghosts of Nyack Lecture and Ghost Hunt
This extraordinary event will be led by nationally acclaimed paranormal expert Linda Zimmerman at the Nyack Library, 59 South Broadway. Currently sold out. To be added to the mailing list send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday October 27: Village-Wide Trick-or-Treat Trail, Music Festival and Annual Parade
The Nyack Chamber of Commerce pulls out all the stops for the super scary “main event:”
- All-day music festival: featuring seven live bands at various outdoor locations throughout the villag estarting at 2:00 pm and continuing until after the parade.
- Trick-or-Treat Trail: At 2:00 pm, Nyack businesses open their doors and bottomless bags of candy to kids of all ages who crave sweets and are wearing cute costumes. Tricksters can pick up treat bags at the Nyack Chamber visitor kiosk on Main Street.
- Parade registration: Begins at 3:00 pm in Memorial Park for the 31st Annual Nyack Chamber Halloween Parade, including costume and float contests.
- 31st Annual Nyack Halloween Parade: Steps off from Memorial Park at 5:30 pm
- Contest winners announced: Winners of the costume, float and home and lawn decorating competition winners will be announced at 8:00 pm in the Main Street parking lot following the parade. Cash prizes totaling over $2,000 will be awarded along with custom trophies designed by local artist Peter Cheney
- MonsterMash: Festivities continue at 6:30 pm at the Nyack Center, 59 Depew Avenue. Families are welcome for more music, games, food and sweet treats. Admission free.
- After parties: Nyack’s famous restaurants and night spots join the fun with special parties after the parade. Costumes welcome!
Our rain date is October 28th.
Nyack Hallow-week Event Forms
Join us for the 31st annual Halloween Parade. This year’s festivities feature a trick-or-treat trail for kids and a house decoration contest to celebrate a village that was selected as the fourth best Halloween celebration in America by travelchannel.com. Details of costume, float and house decoration contest registration coming soon.